Diamonds & Ice tickets are on sale NOW! Visit https://dsmchamber.com/diamonds-and-ice
The D'Iberville/St. Martin Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors are currently seeking applications for the Executive Director position. Please review the job description below and submit your application along with your resume and cover letter to:
D'Iberville/St. Martin Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
Attn: Exectuive Director Committee
10491 Lemoyne Boulevard, Suite A,
D'Iberville, Mississippi 39540
You may fax or email your completed job application, cover letter and resume to:
You can download the Executive Director job description and application at the bottom of this page.
Job Description Position: Executive Director of D’Iberville/St. Martin Chamber of Commerce
Reports To: Chamber President and Board of Directors
Summary: The role of the Executive Director is to work with and for the President of the Chamber, the Board of Directors and the Membership in support of its mission. Key duties include: manages daily operations of the organization including implementation and administration of the policies and programs established by the Board of Directors; serves as the Chamber’s membership and promotions administrator; plans and executes events and activities, coordinates the Ambassador Committee, provides opportunities for members to network and promote their products and services, attends appropriate chamber events and other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Greets visitors to the chamber office – provides customer service to walk in traffic.
• Answers and fields incoming phone calls.
• Manages incoming/outgoing mail and all electronic communications.
• Controls office supplies and inventory.
• Maintains an inventory of office equipment and service contracts.
• Ensures that all proper chamber documentation is current: policies, insurance, state registration, City of D’Iberville/St. Martin business license.
• Maintains adequate records of all transactions and correspondence, available for review by the board, or other officials or agencies.
• Maintains and updates the chamber’s website and social media channels under the direction of the Board of Directors.
• Compiles and assembles information for new member packets and sends or delivers information to prospective members.
• Facilitates new memberships: promotes and sells new memberships by developing leads, making cold calls and actively seeking new businesses. Follows up appropriately.
• Makes membership retention calls monthly; assesses member needs.
• Assists in retention efforts through the collection of past due memberships.
• The Director must always be very aggressive in obtaining new members and renewing existing memberships.
• Advises membership on new programs, events and services the chamber has available.
• Ensures chamber growth by aggressively promoting available programs and services.
• Assists exciting businesses with growth opportunities, education, mentoring.
• Coordinates the Ambassador Program.
• Coordinates the planning, scheduling, marketing, promoting, executing and staging of all special events and activities. Coordinates registration for special events. Recruits sponsors and vendors for appropriate events.
• Plans, promotes, markets, and implements Breakfast with the Mayor/Morning Call/Business Before Hours/ Business After Hours / Ribbon Cuttings and all other events sponsored by the Chamber.
• Works with the City of D’Iberville, City of Biloxi, St. Martin Community, and Jackson and Harrison Counties department heads for event support and services.
• Assembles monthly board member packets, creates the agenda, and prepares monthly financial reports. Attends monthly chamber board meetings and records minutes.
• Attends all meetings of the City of D’Iberville, City of Biloxi, (at least one per month) St. Martin Community, and Jackson and Harrison County Board Meetings as directed by the Board. Keeps the City of D’Iberville and Jackson County government updated on Chamber activities, events, as appropriate.
• Participates in chamber activities to promote and enhance the image and relationship of the chamber with all groups and parties in the community.
• Assists with development of and oversees all publications printed and distributed by the Chamber of Commerce.
• Establishes and maintains ongoing effective communication with members and the community:
• Prepares and distributes weekly emails to membership.
• Prepares and provides press releases and other information to the appropriate media channels as necessary.
• Oversees and manages the fiscal resources of the organization utilizing Quickbooks or other software as designated by the Board:
• Prepares the Annual Budget with line item identification of expenses and income for all activities of the chamber for approval by the Board of Directors.
• Manages accounts receivable and payable, including payroll every two weeks.
• Provides monthly Financial Reports to the Board of Directors.
• Works with outside CPA firm for annual/monthly tax preparations.
• Files reports and pays all payroll liabilities for employees on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis as required by the IRS and State of Mississippi Treasury as directed by the Board.
• Prepares and distributes membership renewal invoices and past due letters monthly.
• Represents the chamber at local, regional and state meetings and conventions to foster the betterment of the chamber’s mission.
• Researches new revenue streams and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors.
• Displays a strong commitment to the community and collaborates with other community leaders.
• Strives continually to develop a better public understanding of the purpose and functions of the Chamber of Commerce.
• Responsible for the development of alliances and partnerships in the community that promote collaboration and lead to the accomplishment of the organization’s membership, public affairs and economic development goals and priorities.
• Works to identify, develop and refine chamber services on a continual basis.
• Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors and/or the President of the D’Iberville/St. Martin Chamber of Commerce.
• The Executive Director must always maintain a professional appearance and professional conduct both on and off duty.
• The Executive Director must always use his/her personal social media accounts in a way that does not bring discredit on the Chamber.
• Maintain strict adherence to the Chamber By Laws and Constitution and suggest amendments and updates as appropriate.
• Order annual membership decals and deliver same to all active chamber members yearly.